Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Words say so much


Words have a profound effect on us as humans and they last for years.  They can help shape a future or tear down your soul.  We never know which directions our lives are headed to but it's sure that words help us get there.  Indefinitely.  My father had a saying he used to say, "when I say something, it's got to be right."  I never knew until some time later in life how those words shaped me.  In my version of life, it means to always speak the truth.  Do not throw away words senselessly.  Words are precious, just as life.  Words can change the world.  Living your word is such an important part of a human being. When we live with our words, we are much happier people, more free.  When we tell ourselves things such as, "I think I'll buy a car this year" or "I think I'll lose 5 lbs this summer" and we do it, it's a sense of freedom.  We've done exactly what we've said we'd do and it sets us free.  However, when we do not do what we say it can eat away at us for years and our lives do not move forward.  Because our spirit knows the truth and our spirit knows what it wants.  Our spirit is the true essence of what we are and when we deny it we don't live by the words.  This is where unhappiness comes from.  In order to turn it around, we have to listen to ourselves and reconnect with our true selves.  It is the only way and words can help us get there.  Words are magic, words are powerful, words can create worlds and help shape your future.  They are a force that we possess, a force so powerful that we don't even realize the magic we hold.  Words have created some of the best writers, best songs, best films, best plays, best students, and whatever else you can think of to put in this list.  Like a song that is timeless, it was the words that has lived on in our hearts that made it so.  Words are alive and they belong to us.  They belong to you and they belong to me.  This is what my father taught me all those years.  It is the gift that he left me with and I am grateful.

No comments: