Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Forty and then some

Although it's been monumental for me to have reached my forties, it's also been like a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Every week is different, some times it's even days for me. I'm up and then I'm down. When does it end? I've noticed a quite a bit about myself in the past five months and I'm slowly coming into my own. For one thing, I thought that maybe I'd be sad that a few of my kids are adults now and are old enough to take care of themselves but I'm not. It seems I am ready for them to go and experience the world. Sure I miss them but I'm okay. My two youngest who are 17 and almost 15 are reaching that age as well, and I'm okay with that too! It's weird and I wasn't expecting it but I'm glad of how it's turning out. And then there's part of me who's ready to bust at the seams, I want to go and experience new things. Unfortunately, financially it's not feasible yet and hope that some day it will be. One of the newest experience that I've come into is college life. I've finished my 1st year of broadcasting-television which has been fun and exciting, I can't wait to return to finish my 2nd year. With all that I've experience in the last 10 months, I am burning to get out in the world and work. But for now I know the patience is something that I must work on (it's been a tough one for me!) So forty has been a real eye-opener and somewhat rocky ride but it's one ride that is going to take me on an incredible journey!

No comments: